Wednesday, March 9, 2011

An emotional wreck

I am an emotional wreck today. Many reasons as to why, in which I will not go into detail over. However, one reason is that my babies are growing up. With their third birthday looming around the corner, I realize, this phase of life goes so fast, and I will miss it so much. As I write this, I started sobbing, not sure if I can blame it on the hormones or just a sappy mommy.

Here are the two things that made be break down in tears within the last hour…

#1

Tonight, Alexis is going diaper/pull-up free for the first time at night. You know what that means? She is fully potty trained. This, yes, is a joyous occasion however it just solidifies the fact she is growing up. In all reality she has been dry 99% of the time for the past 6months, so really this step is long over due. I just didn’t want to have to get up in the middle of night to change sheets on the rare occasion that she doesn’t wake up to relieve herself.

#2

P3090001

Really??? This made me cry?? What??? It’s because she said “Look mom, I have no teeth!” She was making a joke. Come on, I can’t have kids old enough to make jokes, that are actually funny.

As I said… an emotional wreck!

Here is Jeremiah joining in on the fun.

P3090003

1 comment:

mamabecky said...

Holly, many of us completely understand your sadness. The only thing I can say is you take memories with you for each stage of life which is good, and does not take away from the other. I still miss my babies, but absolutely adore my grown-up "kids"

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers