Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a New Year!

(First of all, I have to say I am so happy! My kids took 2 naps today!! For some reason they have decided they don't want to take naps any more, but if I am lucky I can get them down for 45minutes or so. However, today I got a break and was finally able to catch up on my house chores. Since this week has been super crazy.)

2009 is here... Wow, I am amazed when I look back at 2008. The year was filled with so many blessings!! I hope this year I am able to be a better servant for our Lord, a better wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend. I have fallen short so many times and I hope I have the strength in 2009 to be worthy of all the gifts I have been given.

Again, this year we had a party at our house. "Bartlett's Burger Buffett" we made a bunch of mini hamburgers and had lots of different toppings: ketchup, mustard, mayo, terriayki, ranch, A1, BBQ sauce, salsa, chili, lettuce, tomato, pineapple, bacon, avocado, pickles, onion, fried onions, green chilies, & 5 different kinds of cheeses.

Along with some side dishes I also made a "hamburger cake" I came up with this idea, and surprisingly it actually came out better than I thought it would. Not only that, but it tasted good too!!





Happy New year to each of you! May 2009 be filled with love and laughter!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, Holly! What a great party idea and adorable cake. Besides, the aliteration is too cool...it doesn't work with "Yates" at all (Yates' Burger Buffet--nope!). Adorable cake!!

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Cool cake! How'd you do that?

HollyB said...

pound cake for the buns, brownie for the meat, and colored tootsie rolls shaped for the cheese, lettuce, onion, and tomato. All of it was yummy!

desertmama said...

I love the cake! I'm also glad your kids took 2 naps, that's always a good day!

Melanie said...

It was yummy all of it! Happy New Year

BlogBuddy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BlogBuddy said...

Holly, I told my hairdresser Nancy about this way cool cake, and she was so impressed with you. I need to show her a picture next time. It really was a fun party and cake. Mom

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers