Wednesday, October 22, 2008


The last 2 weeks have been just chaotic. We've been going non stop. I have been writing notes in various places, so I could remember all the things I needed to journal. So here it goes...
September 27th: Justin surprised me with a special date. We went to a restaurant down town, that we have never been to. I can't remember the name, but it had "Arizona" type food. We sat outside on the patio, next to the trees and water features. Next, we went to "Blackbeard" a musical at the Herberger Theater. It was about Blackbeard the pirate. Nar! It was a wonderful treat to go out with my honey. I wish I could say it was ALL wonderful, but later that night I woke up around 2 am with severe pain. We ended up going to the ER and found out I needed my gallbladder removed.

October 5th: We had to be at the hospital at 7am, for a 9am surgery. All went pretty well. Justin took a couple days off or work during the next week while I was supposed to be healing. However, things got a little more crazy when Jeremiah woke up screaming at 11pm, when Justin brought him out of the room, we realized he had a fever. his fever got to 103, and we could not get it to break. We gave him Tylenol, cold juice, etc. Finally at 8pm, Justin got in the bathtub with him, in cool water. It was cute and sad... you could see how he was slowly feeling better. For the 1st time that day he played with a toy. You can see in his face, how bad he was feeling. I decided to put Alexis in the tub with them. She just loved it. There was plenty of water in there, so she was "swimming around."

October 9th: I had to visit my primary care doctor, on a follow-up for something non related to the surgery. However, I ended up passing out in the room, so she called an ambulance to take me across the street to the hospital. (only cost $703 - TO GO ACROSS THE STREET) Anyway, they did a bunch of tests and said I was fine. I was not too excited about spending yet another day in the hospital.

October 16th: Babies had their 6mo appointment - Shots and all! Jeremiah weighed in at 15.1 lbs and Alexis 13.2 lbs. Jeremiah is 27" and Alexis 25". The doctor did however reccommend that I read "The Strong Willed Child" because of Alexis. She still throws a huge fit, when she is done with food. She wants to be in control. She also steal EVERYTHING, from her brother. She even threw a fit when she tried stealing his ear, and couldn't get it.

October 18th: Drove to Anthem for pictures, then we were going to go to a pumpkin patch. However plans changed so we went to the outlet mall. We didn't stay long because I realized I forgot the babies bottles.

October 20th: We waited in the waiting room for my surgery follow up appointment for ONE HOUR and 10 MINUTES! The doctor only took 45seconds to see me. I was so annoyed, and so were the babies!

October 21st: I had my 1st tea party. It went really well, and fun. I hope I am able to do more. I just need to find people do to some.

This may not seem like a lot, but it sure felt like it. Let's not forget, every Thursday we went to my parents for dinner. Sunday was church, and of course all the routine things like grocery shopping and stuff.

It's been exciting watching the kidos this month though. Both babies have started sitting up really well. Jeremiah a little better than his sister, but she is doing better at reaching for things and squirming around. She moves around so much, it's amazing. I am sure she will be crawling soon. She did however get herself stuck under the couch a few times! :)

They are both communicating so well and interacting with me and each other a lot more. One morning Jeremiah was laying with me in bed and was talking to me. He repeated this phrase over and over ", adya,adya" Not sure what it means, but he seemed to. He says "ba" the most. He surprised me the other day when he was playing with my hand. With his right hand he held my hand by my pinkie. Then with his left hand he was touching his fingers to my fingers. He touched his pointer finger to my finger, his middle finger to my middle finger, his index finger to my index finger, and then... his thumb to my thumb. I was shocked that he would do something like that. It was pretty cute.

Thought these pictures were funny:

1 comment:

Becky and J.J. said...

That was a lot that you went threw. I hope everything coms down and you can get some rest. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow and what they can do? I can't believe Brycen will be 3 in December. I would love to get together before the holiday time. I know everyone gets so busy then. I will get in contact with you and plan something. Take care