Saturday, February 20, 2010

THANK YOU!

As of this moment in time, my kids are very polite. They say thank you for everything! Not only that, but they repeat it over and over and over and over. “Da do mommy, da do daddy, a mommy da do, da do mommy, da do daddy….” That’s what I get every morning after they are served breakfast from each child. It makes Justin and I laugh. However this morning, he decided to join in and thank me 199 times as well.

*************MCWB00773_0000[1]***********

I had all my clothes laid out and was attempting to get dressed, when Alexis decided to grab my pants and hand them to me. I told her thank you and she responded with a chorus of “da do” as to say she was welcome. Jeremiah witnessed this unfold and proceeded to tell me thank you as well. Alexis calmly turned to him, slightly leaned her head in front of his face, but her hand on his shoulder and sweetly but very matter of the fact said. “no sissy, no da do” 

HA HA HA, I cracked up, little miss bossy was telling her brother not to thank me, because she was the one who helped me. Not him. She was very kind about it though. I guess it wasn’t bossiness, (this time) she was helping him understand.

*************** *MCWB00773_0000[1]****************

I was laying in my bed, cuddling with Jeremiah. Alexis was also in my room, but I’m not sure what she was doing, probably walking around in my shoes. My nose started to run, so I asked her to get me a tissue." “K” she responded and ran to the box. Daddy was there and handed her a tissue to take to me. She did a great job and brought it to me, this time without wiping her own nose. BONUS! I told her thank you, she told me “da do” back and then ran to daddy and told him “da do” This happens so often that Justin responded the typical way and told her “your welcome” She looked up at him and said “no daddy, a mommy da do” She wanted to make sure daddy knew mommy was thankful!

indian baby

Babu brought this outfit back from India

5 comments:

Kim said...

Such sweet babies!! I can't believe that they're almost 2!! Wasn't it just a little while ago we got to visit them in the hospital? So thankful they're growing they way they should and bringing joy to their family.

desertmama said...

She looks like a little genie in that outfit :)

Manon said...

Very cute. She sounds like she's got the concept of "thank you" down really well! Great outfit - bracelets and everything.

mamabecky said...

"Da Do" Holly and Justin for having such adorable children for me to love.

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Too cute. =)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers