We met up with some friends of ours (twins too) at the AZ state fair today. It was pretty fun! The kids loved the petting zoo. I however, must be allergic to the hay.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
You know you are from Arizona if…
-You think 60 tons of crushed red rock makes a beautiful yard.
-Your house is made of stucco and has a red clay tile roof.
- Vehicles with open windows have the right-of-way in the summer.
-Most of the restaurants in town have the first name "El" or "Los."
-Most homes have more firearms than people.
- Kids ask, "What's a mosquito?"
- People who have black cars or black upholstery in their car are automatically assumed to be from out of-state or nuts.
-You know better than to get into a car with leather seats if you're wearing shorts.
- When you drive two miles around a parking lot looking for a shady place - even in the dead of winter.
- You "hug" a cactus only once in your lifetime.
- A hundred ten in the shade is sort of hot, but you don't have to shovel it off your driveway.
- You take a stroll on Ho Hum Way.
- Petrified doesn't mean scared.
- The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a bit chilly.
- You've experienced condensation on your bum from the hot water in the toilet bowl.
- You would give anything to be able to splash cold water on your face.
- You can attend any function wearing shorts and a tank top.
-You can (correctly) pronounce the words: "Saguaro", "Ocotillo", "Tempe", "Gila Bend", "San Xavier", "Canyon de Chelly", "Mogollon Rim", "Cholla", and "Ajo".
- It's noon in July, kids are on summer vacation, and not one person is walking on the streets.
- You experience third degree burns if you touch any metal part of your car.
- You know better than to get into a car with leather seats if you're wearing shorts.
- Announcements for Fourth of July events never end with "in case of rain......"
- When someone asks how far you live from a location, it's always in terms of minutes, not miles.
- Everyone's smiling and talking about the great weather on rainy days.
- You have to explain to out-of-staters why there is no daylight savings time.
-You take rain dances seriously.
-You can finish a Big Gulp in 10 minutes and go back for seconds.
-You know a swamp cooler is not a happy hour drink.
- When a rainy day puts you in a good mood.
-You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Arizona.